All cars must have decals as required by the sanctioning body for each race. These are specified in the GCR for the relevant sanctioning body.
In addition, to qualify for sponsor contingency money, points and prizes, cars must carry the following decals in the specified positions, which are available as a kit from Mazda Motorsports. Failure to comply may result in race disqualification:
- Mazda logos on rear fenders and front bumper (may appear on bumper cover or on bumper structure cover plate)
- Toyo Tires logos on front and rear bumper cover corners and on rocker panels
- Pagid Racing logos on rocker panels
- Spec MX-5 Challenge logos on windshield eyebrow, upper rear section of front fenders, and rear center bumper cover
- Winding Road Racing contingency decals near the rocker panel trailing edge
- Car numbers must be requested (here). Returning competitors/teams will have priority, with new requests being allocated on a first come/first serve basis.
- QR code on both the driver & passenger b-pillar
- Mazda Spec dash sticker, including Spec MX-5 Challenge logo, driver name, driver number on dashboard (Series / AiM logos must NOT be modified):
For consistency, the following guidelines are preferred:
- Note: ideally car minimum weight should appear on the rocker panels directly below the number plate (if used)
- The number plate is optional, but preferred
- Car numbers on driver’s right side of windshield, center rear section of front fenders and rear license plate recess
- Driver’s surname on windshield below number
An example of these logos and other decals with approximate placement is shown in this diagram below. For driver convenience, these Series-required decals are available as a kit from Mazda Motorsports. Similarly, vector art is available to download: