Spec MX-5 Challenge presented by Toyo Tires – known as THE Driver Development Series – races on many of the bucket list, pro tracks such as Road America, Sonoma Raceway, Circuit of THE Americas, Sebring International Raceway, and others, offering the most per-race contingency awards in club racing, with the collective payout in the six-figures. And with relatively low operating costs thanks in part to the reliability and durability of the Toyo spec tire, PAGID brake pads, Penske Racing Shocks, as well as the discounted pricing, the value of the series has never been higher.
To keep the momentum going, Mazda Motorsports has worked with series partners to offer one of the best deals on the parts for both new builds and NC MX-5 conversions.
“We are very close to achieving critical mass in the spec series,” commented David Cook, Mazda Motorsports’ business development manager responsible for Mazda’s grassroots racing program. “We set out to have 15+ cars in each SMX race, while offering at least five events in the West, East, Midwest, and South, with some crossover. We are right there with all the events in the East, Midwest, and South, outside of one event, and the West is coming on nicely,” continued Cook. With another 20-30 cars built before the next race season, we will achieve our tipping point, looking to add even more events in 2024, on our way to achieving our long-term goal for Spec MX-5 to become a national class in both NASA and SCCA racing.”
And to help push this over the finish line, Mazda is offering the following:
For those who buy a parts kit for a new build from Mazda Motorsports & prepay the 2023 regular season registration fee to Spec MX-5 Challenge, LLC by December 31, 2022 *, they will receive:
- 25% off the kit price (approx. discount value of $3,500)
- One free set of single-adjustable Penske Racing Shocks to the first six purchasers (approx. value = $2,100 per set)
- 25% off on all approved spares for this build at the time of purchase (e.g., includes RX-8 hubs for the SMX) – Turnkey engine, and crate transmission not eligible for this discount
- ~$2,200 in a complimentary spare parts kit (rotors and more)**
- One free set of race tires from Toyo Tires (to be shipped in Feb 2023; offer applies to first 25 kit orders; approx. value = ~$1,150)
For those who buy a Spec MX-5 conversion kit from Mazda Motorsports for their NC MX-5 race car &prepay the 2023 regular season registration fee to Spec MX-5 Challenge, LLC by December 31, 2022 *, they will receive:
- 25% off the conversion kit price (approx. value ranges from $1,500 to $3,000)
- 25% off on all approved spares for this build at the time of purchase (e.g., includes RX-8 hubs for the SMX)
- ~$1,200 in complimentary spare parts kit (rotors and more)**
Purchase your Preseason Pass here!
Reminder: Free UPS ground shipping to Continental U.S. on orders of at least $900 (before tax & after discounts).
*Cost to register with the Spec MX-5 Challenge Series in 2023 will be $300 per event, less the 15% discount for prepaying for four or more events by February 28, 2023.
**Ask your Mazda Motorsports technical representative for the full list
To learn more, go here to our Four Pillars article with Vehicle Technical Specifications or call Mazda Motorsports at 800.435.2508 now.