Mazda Motorsports has announced that it will award a $5000 scholarship to the driver who presents the best proposal to run a new 2020 Spec MX-5 race car in multiple motorsports events. Mazda Motorsports is calling this the Spec MX-5 Pentathlon because it is looking for proposals that will showcase the new car in the variety of motorsports settings where the car excels.
In the Olympics, the Pentathlon showcases the ability of competitors to perform well across different events such as fencing and cross-country running. “Mazda designed the new Spec MX-5 to perform in a variety of settings as well, including sprint racing in different classes, endurance racing and time trials,” explained David Cook, Mazda Motorsports Manager of Business Development. “We are looking for a winning proposal for a driver to run the new Spec MX-5 in ways that show off its capability during the 2020 season, and we will support that effort with a $5000 scholarship.”
Guidelines for proposals are:
- To be a maximum of three pages
- To be submitted in written electronic form (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- To cover the events or types of competitive events planned
- To detail the social media capabilities and plans of the participants
- To cover the participants’ sponsorship and funding plans
- To outline the participants racing or competitive resume
- To submitted by January 19, 2020 at midnight to: [email protected]
The Mazda Motorsports Spec MX-5 Pentathlon Scholarship winner will be selected by the end of January, with funding to follow soon thereafter.