Spec MX-5, LLC — together with Winding Road Racing, approved builders of Spec MX-5 race cars — recently announced that February 15, 2019, is the last date on which orders for new Spec MX-5 race cars can be accepted in time for the start of the 2019 West series season.
The Spec MX-5 car is designed for the 2019 Spec MX-5 Challenge pro series. The West series regular season will run major tracks during the year including Circuit of The Americas, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway and Road America. Drivers qualify and compete for over $100,000 in prizes at the Spec MX-5 Challenge national championship at Road Atlanta.
New Spec MX-5 race cars are built to series rules, which take into account the evolution of a new class of NC generation Mazda MX-5s. Specs include:
- Mazda MZR engine with upgraded valve springs Mazdaspeed cold air intake
- Mazdaspeed header
- Mazdaspeed exhaust
- Custom ECU tune Koyorad radiator Mazdaspeed oil cooler
- 6-speed transmission with Spec MX-5 ratios Spec MX-5 bushing kit
- ACT Mazdaspeed clutch and pressure plate Limited slip differential
- Differential brace
- Spec MX-5 dampers Mazdaspeed springs Mazdaspeed sway bars Mazdaspeed hubs and bearings
- Rebuilt Mazda calipers Mazdaspeed rotors Mazdaspeed brake duct kit Pagid Racing pads
Wheels and Tires
- Mazda OEM MX-5 wheels
- Yokohama Advan Spec MX-5 dry tires
- Spec MX-5 SCCA and NASA compliant roll cage Sabelt steering wheel
- NRG hub
- Lifeline AFFF mechanical pull fire system Racequip window net
- Safecraft center net
- Spec MX-5 rear firewall
- Kill switch
- Spec MX-5 ballast box
- Optional: Seat and harness to driver specification
- MyLaps transponder
- Optional data system to driver specification
- Optional (per rules) camera system to driver specification
For either the east or the west Spec MX-5 Challenge series, cars are also available for season rental, and limited numbers of used cars are available for sale. Applications for the Spec MX-5 Challenge season are now being accepted: CLICK HERE
Spec MX-5 Videos:
Visit the Spec MX-5 YouTube Channel for more videos.
Spec MX-5 Challenge Driver Application.
Interested in participating in the Spec MX-5 Challenge, but have questions? Contact us.