Though just a couple of weeks from Rounds Five and Six of the East Series, six drivers also collected cash and prizes during Rounds Three and Four at Virginia International Raceway.
- Jason Connole was the big winner of the weekend, taking a pair of wins worth $2,000 in cash, as well as a WindingRoadRacing.com Hard Charger award, worth $500 in store credits.
- Manny Martinez and Zach Month each collected $500 in cash for runner-up finishes.
- Peter Ensor collected $250 in cash for a third place finish. Ensor was also selected as the Spirit of MX-5 recipient for the weekend, earning $1,000 in Winding Road credits. Ensor was saddled with a handful of issues that were not his fault, yet persevered through the weekend with his typical positive attitude.
- John Allen collected $250 cash for his third place finish during Saturday’s race.
- Nick Bruni, with the help of his bulldog, Meathead, was awarded $1,000 of Winding Road Racing credits for “Best Social Media.” His Nick Bruni Racing Facebook page featured a dog’s eye view of the race weekend and the paddock.
Support for these prizes is provided by Yokohama Tire, Mazda, PAGID Racing and WindingRoadRacing.com. These partners also provide important technical support to the series.
The East Series returns to action June 15-17 at Summit Point Raceway for Rounds Five and Six of the season.