AUSTIN, TX. (May 14, 2018) – Prizes have been awarded to the five Central Region drivers for their recent Spec MX-5 Challenge race weekend at Circuit of the Americas on May 5th-6th.
The prizes from Rounds Three and Four of the Central Series at COTA went to:
- Tom Martin III, #10: Currently the points leader, Martin earned $2000 in cash for P1 finishes for both Round 3 and 4.
- Noah Grey, #12: Grey earned $1000 for his P2 finishes in Rounds 3 and 4. Noah was also the Winding Road Racing Hard Charger Winner for Round 3, earning $500 in WindingRoadRacing.com credits.
- Alex Bachoura, #30: Being the newest racer to the Spec MX-5 Challenge didn’t stop Alex from earning prize money and awards. Bachoura won $250 for his P3 finish in Round 3 while also capturing the “Spirit of Spec MX-5” award for the weekend ($1000 in WindingRoadRacing.com merchandise credits).
- Harry Voigt, #48: Voigt captured P3 in Round 4 plus earned the Winding Road Racing Hard Charger Award for the same race, giving him a total of $750 in cash prizes and WindingRoadRacing.com store credits.
- Matt Million, #6: Tied for second in points after Circuit of the Americas, Million earned the $1000 prize for Best Social Media. Million posted several Instagram and Facebook posts leading up to, and during his race weekend at COTA, plus updates to his website.
Support for these prizes is provided by Yokohama Tire, Mazda, PAGID Racing and WindingRoadRacing.com. These partners also provide important technical support to the series.
For a recap of the Central Region’s weekend of racing at Circuit of America, read our full race report here.
The Central Region of the Spec MX-5 Challenge returns for more action-packed racing next month at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit on June 9-10th.
About Spec MX-5 Challenge
Spec MX-5 Challenge is an affordable pro road racing series with a focus on driver development and a top prize of $100,000. Seats are still available for the regular season in the Central region which will has run at NCM Motorsports Park and Circuit of the Americas, and will then go to Hallett Motor Racing Circuit and NOLA Raceway Park. The ten-race East season will run at Virginia International Raceway, Summit Point Raceway, Road Atlanta and Monticello Motor Club and also has a seat open. The top seven drivers from each region will compete at a championship-deciding event at Road Atlanta in November. The twenty drivers selected for the series pay $45,000 and receive full arrive-and-drive services, including transport, entry fees, tires, fuel, mechanical work, engineering and a race car. For more information on Spec MX-5 Challenge, visit: